Since January 1st 2012 Jade Hanley has drawn a postcard everyday of the year.
The rules are simple and are as follows as told by the artist:
- It must be on a 3” by 5” postcard
- It must accurately describe some aspect of the day (preferably a funny or interesting one)
- It must be drawn on the day, by hand
- A day is the hours from when I wake up to when I go to sleep, rather than traditional, boring ‘days’
- Sometimes a day is the day after because gin and drawing don’t mix
- Spelling mistakes are tolerated because it’s creative, and I can’t spell
You can see more at www.mylifein3by5.com
Tweet Jade your favourite postcard @kissmyart
We’d like to wish all our customers a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year! We appreciate all your custom and support throughout the year and we’re looking forward to welcoming you in 2015.
Our Christmas and New Year opening times are as follows:
Wednesday 23rd – Closed
Thursday 24th – Closed
Friday 25th – Closed
Saturday 27th – Wednesday 30th – Open
31st Dec – 1st Jan – Closed
January 2nd – Open
We’re looking for artists and curators to put on exhibitions here at Nexus. We’ll consider most projects as long as they are suitable to display in the Cafe.
If you would like to submit a proposal to us then drop a line to email@example.com.
The Photography Sessions is please to bring you an insight into what Chancellor describes as the ‘Wildlife Industry’, exploring issues of welfare, conservation and the ethics of an unconventional type of tourism. Hear David Chancellor talk about Hunters and join in the question and answer session afterwards.
Thursday 20th November 7:30 – 9:30pm.
We’re delighted to be hosting UCLan’ MA Photography exhibition. UCLan are inviting you to come down to Nexus Art Cafe on Thursday 6th November 7-9pm to take a look at their exhibition. Refreshments will be provided.