Shake It Up: Delicious and Easy Iced Shaken Espresso Recipe
Are you tired of your same old coffee routine? Maybe you’re in need of an afternoon caffeine boost or just looking for a tasty drink to enjoy on a hot summer day. Well, have no fear because I have the perfect recipe for you: an iced shaken espresso recipe
This recipe will transport you to your favorite coffee shop without ever having to leave your house. It’s the perfect blend of strong espresso-like coffee, creamy milk, and just the right amount of sweetness. Plus, it’s super easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
Whether you’re a seasoned coffee connoisseur or just looking for a quick pick-me-up, this recipe is sure to impress. So why not switch up your usual routine and give it a try today?
But wait, there’s more! Not only will I share the basic recipe with you, but I’ll also give you some variations and pro tips to take your iced shaken espresso to the next level. So grab your cocktail shaker and let’s get brewing!
Why You Need to Make This Recipe Today
Are you tired of overpaying for mediocre coffee drinks at your local coffee shop? Look no further than this iced shaken espresso recipe. Not only will you save money by making it at home, but you’ll also be able to customize it to your personal tastes.
Imagine sipping on a perfectly balanced iced latte on a hot summer day, or enjoying a strong espresso over ice as an afternoon pick-me-up. With this recipe, the possibilities are endless.
Not to mention, this recipe requires only a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Whether you have an espresso machine or just a simple mason jar, you can whip up a quality espresso in no time.
But the benefits don’t stop there. By making your own iced shaken espresso, you can also control the caffeine content and type of milk used. Plant-based milks like almond milk or oat milk are great options for those who prefer a non-dairy alternative, while dairy options like whole milk or half-and-half can provide a creamier texture.
And let’s not forget about the taste. The combination of espresso and simple syrup creates a sweet yet bold flavor, perfect for coffee lovers who crave that typical espresso taste. Plus, with variations like the Brown Sugar Espresso Drink or the Iced Brown-Sugar Oat-Milk Espresso Recipe, you can switch it up and try new flavors.
So why not skip Starbucks and try your hand at this recipe? With just a few basic ingredients and simple steps, you can have a coffee shop quality drink in the comfort of your own home. Trust me, your taste buds (and wallet) will thank you.
What You’ll Need for Your Perfect Iced Shaken Espresso Recipe ?
Before you start making your iced shaken espresso, it’s important to gather all of your ingredients. Luckily, this recipe requires only a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- Espresso Shot(s): You can use a classic espresso machine, an espresso maker, or even espresso pods to make your shots. The type of roast you use is up to personal preference, whether it’s a bold dark roast or a lighter blonde roast.
- Ice Cubes: You’ll need regular ice cubes and coffee ice cubes if you want to add an extra layer of coffee flavor.
- Simple Syrup: To add sweetness to your drink, you’ll need either granulated sugar and water or a pre-made syrup. You can choose your preferred sweetener, like brown sugar, maple syrup, or your favorite syrup.
- Milk of Choice: Whether you prefer dairy or non-dairy milk, you’ll need a milk of choice to add creaminess to your drink. Plant-based milks like almond milk, coconut milk, or unsweetened oat milk are great alternatives.
- Optional Syrups: If you want to switch up the flavor of your drink, you can add syrups like toasted vanilla syrup, chocolate syrup, or pumpkin latte syrup. You can also make your own syrups in advance.
- Optional Garnishes: To add an extra layer of sweetness or a pop of color, you can add cinnamon powder, a cinnamon stick, or even a dash of nutmeg.
By having all of these ingredients on hand, you can easily make your own iced shaken espresso whenever you want, without having to leave your house. So go ahead, grab your ingredients and let’s start brewing!
How to Make Your Own Iced Shaken Espresso Recipe
If you’re new to making espresso drinks at home, don’t worry! With these basic steps, you can make your own iced shaken espresso in no time.
- Step 1: Brew Your Espresso Shot(s)
Depending on the type of machine you have, brew one or two shots of espresso. You can use a classic espresso machine, an espresso maker, or even espresso pods.
- Step 2: Prepare Your Simple Syrup
While your espresso is brewing, prepare your simple syrup. In a small saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water and heat over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Step 3: Chill Your Espresso and Milk
Pour your freshly brewed espresso into a tall glass and let it cool for a few minutes. If you want to add an extra layer of coffee flavor, you can also add a couple of coffee ice cubes.
Meanwhile, chill your milk of choice in the fridge or with ice cubes in a separate glass.
- Step 4: Shake It Up
In a cocktail shaker or a simple mason jar with a lid, add a couple of ice cubes and your simple syrup. Then, add your chilled espresso and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Step 5: Add Your Milk and Garnish
Pour your espresso mixture into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Then, add your chilled milk of choice and stir to combine.
To add an optional garnish, sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top or add a cinnamon stick.
And there you have it, your very own iced shaken espresso! By following these basic steps, you can make a delicious coffee drink at home that rivals any coffee shop. So go ahead, experiment with different variations and make it your own.
Variations: How to Take Your Iced Shaken Espresso to the Next Level
Looking to switch up your usual iced shaken espresso? Look no further than these variations, which can take your coffee game to the next level.
- Brown Sugar Espresso Drink: For a sweeter and richer flavor, swap out your simple syrup for brown sugar syrup. To make brown sugar syrup, heat equal parts brown sugar and water over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Then, let it cool before using.
- Iced Brown-Sugar Oat-Milk Espresso Recipe: If you’re looking for a dairy-free option, try this recipe with oat milk. To make it, simply use oat milk instead of dairy milk and add a splash of vanilla extract to the espresso mixture.
- Extra Shot of Espresso: If you’re looking for a stronger caffeine kick, add an additional shot of espresso to your drink. This can be especially helpful in the mornings or during long afternoons.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: To add some fall flavor to your iced shaken espresso, add a dash of pumpkin latte syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
- Cold Foam: For an extra layer of texture and creaminess, top your drink with a layer of milk foam. To make cold foam, froth your milk of choice until it forms a thick foam. Then, spoon it on top of your drink.
By experimenting with these variations, you can create a customized iced shaken espresso that suits your personal tastes. So go ahead, try them out and see which one becomes your new favorite!
Serving and Pairing: Enjoy Your Iced Shaken Espresso to the Fullest
Once you’ve made your perfect iced shaken espresso, it’s time to enjoy it to the fullest. Here are some tips for serving and pairing your drink.
To serve your iced shaken espresso, pour it into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. If you want to add an extra layer of foam, spoon some milk foam on top. To add a pop of color and sweetness, sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top or add a cinnamon stick.
When it comes to pairing your iced shaken espresso, the possibilities are endless. Here are some ideas:
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies: The cinnamon flavor in your drink pairs perfectly with these delicious cookies.
- Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats: The nutty flavor of the almond butter complements the strong coffee flavor of the drink.
- Toast with Butter and Jam: The buttery toast and sweet jam balance out the bold coffee flavor.
- Fresh Fruit: The sweet and juicy flavors of fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, or watermelon complement the sweet yet bold coffee flavor.
- Dark Chocolate: The bitter yet rich flavor of dark chocolate pairs perfectly with the sweetness of your iced shaken espresso.
By pairing your drink with these delicious foods, you can enhance the flavors of your iced shaken espresso and make the most out of your coffee experience. So go ahead, indulge in a tasty snack and sip on your perfect coffee creation.
Tips and Tricks for Perfecting Your Iced Shaken Espresso
Making the perfect iced shaken espresso takes practice, but with these pro tips, you’ll be a coffee master in no time.
- Use Quality Espresso: To ensure the best possible flavor, use quality espresso. Whether you prefer a dark roast or a lighter blonde roast, make sure you use coffee beans that are fresh and of good quality.
- Chill Your Ingredients: To avoid diluting your drink, make sure your espresso, milk, and simple syrup are all chilled before making your iced shaken espresso.
- Shake It Up: When shaking your espresso mixture, be sure to shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. This will create a frothy texture and blend the flavors together.
- Experiment with Milk: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of milk, whether it’s dairy or non-dairy. Different milks can provide a different level of creaminess and can affect the overall flavor of your drink.
- Make Your Own Syrup: To customize the sweetness of your drink, make your own syrup in advance. Brown sugar syrup, maple syrup, and toasted vanilla syrup are all great options to add extra flavor to your iced shaken espresso.
By following these pro tips, you can take your iced shaken espresso to the next level and impress your friends with your barista skills. So go ahead, grab your ingredients, and start brewing!
Commonly Asked Questions About Iced Shaken Espresso
If you’re new to making iced shaken espresso, you may have some questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions and their answers.
Can I use instant coffee instead of espresso?
While instant coffee can be used to make iced coffee drinks, it won’t provide the same authentic café-style espresso taste. For the best results, it’s recommended to use quality espresso shots.
Can I make my own coffee ice cubes?
Absolutely! To make coffee ice cubes, simply pour leftover coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze.
Can I make my own syrup?
Yes, you can make your own syrup in advance. Brown sugar syrup, maple syrup, and toasted vanilla syrup are all great options to add extra flavor to your iced shaken espresso.
How do I froth milk for the cold foam topping?
To froth milk for cold foam, use a frother or a French press. Heat your milk and then use the frother or French press to create the foam.
How much caffeine is in an iced shaken espresso?
The caffeine content in an iced shaken espresso can vary depending on the number of espresso shots used. Generally, one shot of espresso contains around 63 milligrams of caffeine.
By knowing the answers to these commonly asked questions, you can make your own perfect iced shaken espresso with ease. So go ahead, try out these tips and tricks, and experiment with different flavors to make it your own.
Conclusion: Why You Should Make Iced Shaken Espresso Today
In conclusion, iced shaken espresso is the perfect coffee drink for any coffee lover. It’s refreshing, easy to make, and can be customized to suit your personal tastes. By following these simple steps, you can make a coffee shop quality drink in the comfort of your own home. So why should you make iced shaken espresso today?
- Simple Ingredients: With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious coffee drink that rivals any coffee shop.
- Endless Variations: By experimenting with different variations and flavors, you can make your own perfect iced shaken espresso that suits your personal tastes.
- Caffeine Boost: Iced shaken espresso is the perfect caffeine boost to kickstart your mornings or to power through long afternoons.
- Cost Effective: Making your own coffee at home is much more cost effective than buying coffee drinks at a coffee shop. Plus, you can customize it to your own liking.
- Fun and Easy: Making iced shaken espresso is a fun and easy way to explore your creativity and impress your friends and family.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients, shake it up, and enjoy your very own iced shaken espresso today!
Iced shaken espresso recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Tall glass
- Espresso machine or espresso pod
- 2-cup mason jar
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cube Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup cold foam
- Step 1: Brew Your Espresso Shot(s)Depending on the type of machine you have, brew one or two shots of espresso. You can use a classic espresso machine, an espresso maker, or even espresso pods.
- Step 2: Prepare Your Simple SyrupWhile your espresso is brewing, prepare your simple syrup. In a small saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water and heat over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Step 3: Chill Your Espresso and MilkPour your freshly brewed espresso into a tall glass and let it cool for a few minutes. If you want to add an extra layer of coffee flavor, you can also add a couple of coffee ice cubes.Meanwhile, chill your milk of choice in the fridge or with ice cubes in a separate glass.
- Step 4: Shake It UpIn a cocktail shaker or a simple mason jar with a lid, add a couple of ice cubes and your simple syrup. Then, add your chilled espresso and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Step 5: Add Your Milk and GarnishPour your espresso mixture into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Then, add your chilled milk of choice and stir to combine.To add an optional garnish, sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top or add a cinnamon stick.
- Customize the sweetness and flavor of your iced shaken espresso by using different types of milk and sweeteners.
- You can also experiment with different flavors by adding a dash of cinnamon or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Enjoy your refreshing iced shaken espresso as a morning pick-me-up or as a delicious afternoon treat.
ADD YOUR OWN NOTES
You’ll Want To Make These Coffee Recipes
If you’re looking for more latte recipe, then you’re in luck! We’ve listed all the cold brew recipe alvaiable for you to try. Just click on each individual thumbnail and you’ll be taken to your favourite recipe. Enjoy!
A Symphony of Flavors: Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew Recipe
Brewing Adventure: Discover the Magic of Mud Coffee Recipe
Creamy Bliss: Master the Art of Oat Milk Coffee Recipe
Fizz Up Your Summer: Creating the Perfect Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
The Ultimate Dessert Combo: Coffee jello recipe condensed milk
The Perfect chick fil a coffee recipe: Satisfy Your Coffee Cravings
Fall in Love with Pumpkin Cold Brew Foam Recipe
A Delicious Way to enjoy the morning: Mushroom Coffee Recipe
The Ultimate Guide to Making Dutch Bros Iced Coffee Recipe
Oat Milk Cold Brew Recipe: The Best Coffee You’ll Ever Make
The Perfect Oreo Iced Coffee Recipe:Your New Favorite Drink”
Minty Fresh Brew: Philz Coffee Mint Mojito Recipe
Brew Up a Storm: Starbucks Blonde Roast Iced Coffee Recipe
Delicious Jack in the box Iced Mocha Recipe”
Brewing the Best Cup of Armenian Coffee Recipe
Perfecting the Aeropress Fellow Prismo Recipe
Sip on a Perfect Dunkin Donuts Matcha Latte Recipe Today!
How to Make the Perfect Hazelnut Latte recipe at Home
Brew Up a Storm with Ashwagandha Coffee Recipe
Decadent and Delicious: A Guide to Mocha Macchiato Recipe
Blue Latte Recipe: The Newest Instagram Trend
Homemade Rose Latte Recipe: Indulge in a Floral Delight
Collagen Coffee Recipe: The Breakfast Beverage You Need to Try
Maple Syrup Coffee Recipe: Your New Favorite Drink!
Lucy is a talented barista with a passion for creating the perfect cup of coffee. With years of experience under her belt, she is a master of her craft and has developed a loyal following of coffee lovers who flock to her coffee shop for a taste of her expertly crafted brews.