Oat Milk Cold Brew Recipe: The Best Coffee You’ll Ever Make
Are you tired of the same old hot coffee routine? Need something refreshing to cool you off during those hot summer days? Look no further! I’ve got a recipe that’ll knock your socks off – Oat Milk Cold Brew Recipe. This creamy and delicious alternative to regular coffee is the perfect pick-me-up on a warm afternoon.
But wait, there’s more! Not only does this recipe satisfy your caffeine cravings, but it also has numerous health benefits. Oat milk is a nutritious and low-fat alternative to regular milk, making it the perfect addition to your morning coffee routine. Plus, the cold-brewing method used in this recipe produces a coffee concentrate with less acidity and bitterness, giving you a smoother and sweeter taste.
Now, you might be thinking, “I’ve never made cold brew coffee before, it sounds complicated.” But don’t worry, this recipe is easy and requires minimal effort. Plus, you can customize it to fit your taste preferences with variations such as adding a dash of cinnamon or a splash of vanilla extract.
So, grab your coffee beans and let’s get brewing! In this post, I’ll be walking you through each step of making the perfect oat milk cold brew. Plus, I’ll be sharing some pro tips and variations to help you take your coffee game to the next level. So, whether you’re a die-hard coffee lover or just looking for a refreshing drink on a hot day, this recipe is sure to please.
Why You Need to Try Oat Milk Cold Brew Today
Let’s face it, we all love our hot coffee in the morning, but when the temperature starts rising, there’s nothing more refreshing than a cold drink. And what’s better than a cold brew coffee? A cold brew coffee with oat milk! Trust me, once you try it, you’ll never go back to plain old hot coffee.
First of all, oat milk is a creamy and delicious alternative to regular milk. It’s low in fat and high in nutrients, making it the perfect addition to your morning coffee routine. Plus, it’s a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan.
But the real star of this recipe is the cold-brewing method. Cold-brewed coffee is less acidic and bitter than hot-brewed coffee, giving you a smoother and sweeter taste. And the best part? You can make a big batch of cold brew concentrate and store it in an airtight container for up to two weeks, giving you a quick and easy coffee fix anytime you need it.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “But making cold brew coffee sounds complicated.” Don’t worry, it’s easier than you think! All you need is some coarsely ground coffee beans, cold water, and a coffee filter. Simply mix the coffee and water together and let it steep for 12-15 hours in the fridge. Then, strain the mixture and voila! You have a delicious cold brew coffee concentrate.
But why stop there? Add some oat milk to your cold brew concentrate and you have a refreshing and creamy iced coffee that’s perfect for those hot summer days. Plus, you can customize it with additional sweeteners or flavors like a dash of cinnamon or a splash of vanilla extract.
So what are you waiting for? Give this oat milk cold brew recipe a try today and see for yourself why it’s becoming the new favorite of coffee drinkers everywhere. With its bold coffee flavor, health benefits, and endless variations, it’s the perfect way to jazz up your morning coffee routine and cool down on a hot day.
Ingredients: What You’ll Need for the Perfect Oat Milk Cold Brew
Before you start brewing, it’s important to have all the necessary ingredients on hand. Here’s what you’ll need to make the perfect oat milk cold brew:
- Coarsely ground coffee beans – Dark roast coffee works best for cold brew as it produces a strong and bold coffee flavor.
- Cold water – Use filtered water to avoid any impurities that could affect the taste.
- A coffee filter – This will help you strain the coffee grounds from the cold brew concentrate.
- Oat milk – Opt for a creamy oat milk for the best taste and texture.
- Optional sweeteners – If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a natural sweetener like maple syrup or brown sugar. Alternatively, you can use an artificial sweetener or a low-carb/keto sweetener.
- Ice cubes – Regular ice cubes work fine, but if you want to keep your drink from getting watered down, try freezing some coffee ice cubes instead.
- A milk frother – This tool will help you make a creamy and delicious oat milk cold foam to top off your cold brew.
With these ingredients, you’ll be able to make a delicious and refreshing oat milk cold brew that’s perfect for those hot summer days. Plus, you can customize it with additional flavors like a dash of cinnamon or a pump of vanilla syrup for an extra coffee kick. So grab your ingredients and let’s start brewing!
How to Make the Perfect Oat Milk Cold Brew: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you ready to make the perfect oat milk cold brew? Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Step 1: Brew Your Coffee
First, you’ll need to brew your coffee. Combine your coarsely ground coffee beans and cold water in a jar or pitcher and stir until well mixed. Cover the jar or pitcher and place it in the fridge to steep for 12-15 hours. This will allow the coffee to fully infuse into the water and create a strong coffee concentrate.
- Step 2: Strain the Coffee Concentrate
After 12-15 hours, take the jar or pitcher out of the fridge and strain the coffee concentrate using a coffee filter. Make sure to press down on the coffee grounds to get as much coffee concentrate as possible.
- Step 3: Add Oat Milk
Now it’s time to add the oat milk! Add 1 cup of oat milk to every 1 cup of coffee concentrate. Stir well to combine the two ingredients.
- Step 4: Add Sweeteners (Optional)
If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add sweeteners like maple syrup, brown sugar, or even a low-carb/keto sweetener. Make sure to stir well to fully incorporate the sweeteners into the drink.
- Step 5: Add Ice
Finally, add some ice to your drink to keep it cool and refreshing. You can use regular ice cubes or try freezing some coffee ice cubes for an extra coffee kick.
- Step 6: Make Oat Milk Cold Foam (Optional)
For an extra creamy and delicious touch, you can make oat milk cold foam to top off your drink. Simply froth some oat milk with a milk frother until it becomes thick and creamy. Then, spoon the foam on top of your drink and enjoy!
And there you have it – a delicious and refreshing oat milk cold brew that’s perfect for those hot summer days. Plus, with its health benefits and endless variations, it’s a great alternative to your regular hot coffee routine. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Variations: How to Customize Your Oat Milk Cold Brew
One of the best things about making oat milk cold brew is the endless variations you can create to fit your taste preferences. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add a dash of cinnamon: Sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top of your drink for a warm and cozy flavor.
- Splash of vanilla extract: Add a splash of vanilla extract for a subtle and sweet taste.
- Maple oat milk: Use creamy maple oat milk for an extra layer of flavor.
- Chocolate oat milk: Add a tablespoon of chocolate syrup or shavings of dark chocolate for an additional chocolate punch.
- Pumpkin spice: For a fall-inspired drink, add some pumpkin spice or chai spices.
- Coconut sugar: Use coconut sugar instead of regular white sugar as a healthier alternative.
- Cold foam variations: Mix things up by trying different flavors for your oat milk cold foam, such as cinnamon oatmilk foam or vanilla cold foam.
With these variations, you can take your oat milk cold brew to the next level and create a drink that’s truly unique to your taste preferences. So don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with it!
Serving and Pairing: How to Enjoy Your Oat Milk Cold Brew
Now that you’ve made the perfect oat milk cold brew, it’s time to serve and pair it with the perfect food or snack. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your drink to the fullest:
- Serve in a tall glass: Use a tall glass to show off the layers of your drink and make it look more visually appealing.
- Add coffee ice cubes: Instead of regular ice cubes, try freezing some coffee concentrate in an ice cube tray to keep your drink from getting watered down.
- Pair with a breakfast sandwich: A hearty breakfast sandwich pairs perfectly with the bold coffee flavor of oat milk cold brew. Try a classic bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich or a vegetarian option with avocado and tomato.
- Serve with a sweet treat: The sweet taste of oat milk cold brew pairs well with a sweet treat like a muffin, scone, or donut.
- Enjoy as a dessert: For a unique twist, serve your oat milk cold brew as a dessert after a meal. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair your oat milk cold brew, it’s sure to be a refreshing and delicious addition to your day. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your drink with your favorite food or snack.
Pro Tips: How to Make the Best Oat Milk Cold Brew
Want to take your oat milk cold brew to the next level? Here are some pro tips to help you make the best drink possible:
- Use quality coffee beans: The quality of your coffee beans will affect the taste of your cold brew, so make sure to use high-quality beans for the best flavor.
- Use a coffee grinder: Grinding your coffee beans just before brewing will ensure a fresh and bold coffee flavor.
- Experiment with brewing time: Brew your coffee for different lengths of time to find the perfect balance of flavor and strength.
- Use a milk frother for oat milk cold foam: A milk frother is the easiest and most efficient way to make creamy and delicious oat milk cold foam.
- Store your cold brew concentrate properly: Keep your cold brew concentrate in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks for quick and easy drinks.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be able to make the best oat milk cold brew possible and impress your friends and family with your coffee-making skills. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things – you might just discover a new favorite drink.
Questions: Commonly Asked Questions About Oat Milk Cold Brew
If you’re new to making oat milk cold brew, you may have some questions about the process. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions and their answers:
What’s the best coffee brewing method for cold brew?
Cold brew is typically brewed using coarsely ground coffee beans and cold water, steeped for 12-15 hours in the fridge. However, there are many different methods you can use, including using an espresso machine or instant coffee grains.
Can I use regular milk instead of oat milk?
Of course! You can use any type of milk you prefer, whether it’s dairy milk or a non-dairy alternative like almond milk or coconut milk.
How long does cold brew last in the fridge?
Cold brew concentrate can last up to two weeks in the fridge if stored properly in an airtight container.
How do I make oat milk cold foam without a milk frother?
You can still make oat milk cold foam without a milk frother by using a handheld milk frother or even a cocktail shaker.
What are the health benefits of oat milk cold brew?
Oat milk is a great alternative to dairy milk and contains many health benefits, including being high in fiber and low in saturated fat.
How do I make my oat milk cold brew stronger?
To make your cold brew stronger, you can try using more coffee grounds or brewing for a longer period of time.
With these commonly asked questions answered, you’re ready to start making the perfect oat milk cold brew. So go ahead and experiment with different flavors and variations to find the perfect drink for you!
Oat milk cold brew is the perfect drink for coffee lovers looking for a refreshing and healthier alternative to hot coffee. With its endless variations and health benefits, it’s easy to see why this drink has become a popular choice at coffee shops and in homes alike.
Not only is oat milk a great non-dairy option, but the process of cold brewing allows for a smoother and less acidic taste compared to traditional hot coffee. Plus, with the ability to customize your drink with different flavors and sweeteners, you can make the perfect oat milk cold brew to fit your taste preferences.
So why not give it a try? Follow the simple steps outlined in this recipe and experiment with different variations to create a drink that’s truly unique to you. And with its pro tips and commonly asked questions answered, you’ll be able to make the best oat milk cold brew possible.
In the end, whether you enjoy your oat milk cold brew as a morning pick-me-up or a refreshing drink on a hot summer day, one thing is for sure – this drink is here to stay. So go ahead and indulge in the delicious and healthy goodness of oat milk cold brew, and you won’t be disappointed.
Oat milk cold brew recipe
- Coffee grinder
- Large glass jar with lid
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Tall glasses for serving
- 1 cup coarsely ground coffee beans
- 4 cup cold water
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- Step 1: Brew Your CoffeeFirst, you'll need to brew your coffee. Combine your coarsely ground coffee beans and cold water in a jar or pitcher and stir until well mixed. Cover the jar or pitcher and place it in the fridge to steep for 12-15 hours. This will allow the coffee to fully infuse into the water and create a strong coffee concentrate.
- Step 2: Strain the Coffee ConcentrateAfter 12-15 hours, take the jar or pitcher out of the fridge and strain the coffee concentrate using a coffee filter. Make sure to press down on the coffee grounds to get as much coffee concentrate as possible.
- Step 3: Add Oat MilkNow it's time to add the oat milk! Add 1 cup of oat milk to every 1 cup of coffee concentrate. Stir well to combine the two ingredients.
- Step 4: Add Sweeteners (Optional)If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add sweeteners like maple syrup, brown sugar, or even a low-carb/keto sweetener. Make sure to stir well to fully incorporate the sweeteners into the drink.
- Step 5: Add IceFinally, add some ice to your drink to keep it cool and refreshing. You can use regular ice cubes or try freezing some coffee ice cubes for an extra coffee kick.
- Step 6: Make Oat Milk Cold Foam (Optional)For an extra creamy and delicious touch, you can make oat milk cold foam to top off your drink. Simply froth some oat milk with a milk frother until it becomes thick and creamy. Then, spoon the foam on top of your drink and enjoy!
- Cold brew concentrate can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Customize your drink by adding flavored syrups or spices.
- Coffee ice cubes can also be used to keep your drink from getting watered down.
ADD YOUR OWN NOTES
You’ll Want To Make These Coffee Recipes
If you’re looking for more latte recipe, then you’re in luck! We’ve listed all the cold brew recipe alvaiable for you to try. Just click on each individual thumbnail and you’ll be taken to your favourite recipe. Enjoy!
A Symphony of Flavors: Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew Recipe
Brewing Adventure: Discover the Magic of Mud Coffee Recipe
Creamy Bliss: Master the Art of Oat Milk Coffee Recipe
Shake It Up: Delicious and Easy Iced Shaken Espresso Recipe
Fizz Up Your Summer: Creating the Perfect Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
The Ultimate Dessert Combo: Coffee jello recipe condensed milk
The Perfect chick fil a coffee recipe: Satisfy Your Coffee Cravings
Fall in Love with Pumpkin Cold Brew Foam Recipe
A Delicious Way to enjoy the morning: Mushroom Coffee Recipe
The Ultimate Guide to Making Dutch Bros Iced Coffee Recipe
The Perfect Oreo Iced Coffee Recipe:Your New Favorite Drink”
Minty Fresh Brew: Philz Coffee Mint Mojito Recipe
Brew Up a Storm: Starbucks Blonde Roast Iced Coffee Recipe
Delicious Jack in the box Iced Mocha Recipe”
Brewing the Best Cup of Armenian Coffee Recipe
Perfecting the Aeropress Fellow Prismo Recipe
Sip on a Perfect Dunkin Donuts Matcha Latte Recipe Today!
How to Make the Perfect Hazelnut Latte recipe at Home
Brew Up a Storm with Ashwagandha Coffee Recipe
Decadent and Delicious: A Guide to Mocha Macchiato Recipe
Blue Latte Recipe: The Newest Instagram Trend
Homemade Rose Latte Recipe: Indulge in a Floral Delight
Collagen Coffee Recipe: The Breakfast Beverage You Need to Try
Maple Syrup Coffee Recipe: Your New Favorite Drink!
Lucy is a talented barista with a passion for creating the perfect cup of coffee. With years of experience under her belt, she is a master of her craft and has developed a loyal following of coffee lovers who flock to her coffee shop for a taste of her expertly crafted brews.