The Perfect ube Latte Recipe for Coffee Lovers
Are you tired of drinking the same old boring coffee every morning? Do you want to add a pop of color and flavor to your daily beverage routine? Look no further than the Ube Latte recipe!
For those who don’t know, ube is a root vegetable commonly used in Filipino desserts. It’s known for its distinct earthy taste and beautiful deep purple color with purple veins that look like vines above ground. This superfood is rich in powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants and can even aid in weight loss.
But we’re not just talking about any ordinary coffee drink here. This delicious ube latte combines the nutty-like flavor of ube with a shot of espresso and your milk of choice. It’s a cross between a latte and a purple latte, and it’s the perfect drink to spice up your regular morning coffee routine.
In this recipe article, I’ll show you how to make an ube latte using simple ingredients that you can easily find at Asian supermarkets or Filipino markets. We’ll also discuss variations, serving suggestions, pro tips, and substitutions so you can customize your drink to your liking.
So get ready to brew up a delicious drink that’ll have you dreaming of beautiful colors in your food and everyday desserts. Let’s get started!
Why This Recipe Works
Are you looking for a new coffee combo that’ll make you forget all about your boring coffee mornings? Look no further than the ube latte recipe!
The secret to why this recipe works lies in the distinct nutty flavor of ube extract. By adding just a teaspoon of this staple ingredient to your coffee cup, you’ll get a burst of caffeine that’s complemented by the sweet taste of sugar or your liquid sweetener of choice.
But that’s not all – this recipe also calls for a shot of espresso, which can be made using an espresso machine or instant espresso. The strong espresso shots provide a powerful punch of flavor that pairs perfectly with the nutty ube flavor.
And don’t worry about finding the perfect milk for this recipe – you can use any milk of your choice, whether it’s dairy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk, or even coconut milk. The creamy flavor of your chosen milk will balance out the earthy taste of the ube extract, making for a delicious ube milk mixture.
Plus, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. All you need is a milk frother, a tall glass, and a few simple ingredients, and you’ll have a dreamy swap for your regular morning coffee in no time.
So why settle for a plain cup of coffee when you can have a delicious ube latte? Trust me, with its 5-star rating and creative flavor solutions, this drink will quickly become your new go-to coffee drink.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
To make an ube latte, you’ll need a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local supermarket or Asian food market. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ube Extract: This is the star ingredient of the recipe, and you’ll need one teaspoon of ube extract per person. You can find this ingredient at Asian supermarkets or online.
- Espresso Shots: You’ll need one to two shots of espresso, depending on how strong you want your latte. You can make these using an espresso machine or instant coffee.
- Milk of Choice: You’ll need one cup of milk, or your milk of choice, to add to your latte. You can use dairy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk, or even coconut milk. The creaminess of your chosen milk will help balance out the earthy taste of the ube extract.
- Sugar or Sweetener: You’ll need one teaspoon of sugar, or your preferred liquid sweetener, to add to your latte. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, you can use coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener.
- Optional: If you want to add a bit of creaminess to your latte, you can also add a dollop of cream cheese or condensed milk.
With these simple ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up a delicious ube latte in no time. And the best part? You can customize this recipe to your liking by adjusting the amount of espresso, milk, or sweetener you use. So go ahead and get creative with your ube latte!
How to Make an Ube Latte Recipe
Are you ready to learn how to make a delicious ube latte? Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Step 1: Brew Your Espresso
Start by brewing one to two shots of espresso using an espresso machine or instant coffee. If you’re using an espresso machine, make sure to use high-quality dark roast coffee beans for the best flavor.
- Step 2: Make Your Ube Milk Mixture
In a separate cup, mix one teaspoon of ube extract with one teaspoon of sugar or your preferred liquid sweetener. Slowly add half a cup of milk and stir until the ube mixture is well combined.
- Step 3: Froth Your Milk
Using a milk frother, froth the remaining half cup of milk until it becomes thick and frothy.
- Step 4: Combine Your Ingredients
Fill a tall glass with ice cubes and pour the frothy milk on top. Next, pour your espresso shots over the milk, followed by the ube milk mixture.
- Step 5: Garnish and Enjoy
If you want to add a little extra sweetness, you can drizzle some maple syrup or your choice of vanilla syrup on top. You can also add a dollop of cream cheese or condensed milk for added creaminess. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your delicious ube latte!
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to make a cafe-quality ube latte right in the comfort of your own home. And if you’re feeling adventurous, feel free to experiment with different milk options or sweeteners to create your own unique version of this delicious drink.
Looking to switch up your ube latte game? There are plenty of variations you can try to make this drink even more exciting. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Iced Ube Latte: On a hot day, try making an iced version of the ube latte by blending all the ingredients with ice instead of frothed milk.
- Vegan Ube Latte: For a dairy-free version of the latte, substitute your milk of choice with a cold plant-based milk, such as unsweetened almond milk or macadamia milk. You can also use condensed coconut milk instead of regular condensed milk.
- Peach Milk Ube Latte: Add a delicious twist to your ube latte by infusing it with a peachy flavor. Simply blend in some fresh or frozen peach slices with your milk and ube mixture.
- Milk Tea Ube Latte: Combine your love of milk tea and ube by adding a black tea bag to your ube milk mixture before blending.
- Ube Latte with Coconut Flavors: For an extra burst of coconut flavor, add some oz of coconut milk to your milk frother before frothing the milk. You can also sprinkle some ube powder on top of the frothed milk for added color.
These are just a few variations you can try to make your ube latte even more delicious. Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different ingredients and flavors to find your perfect combination.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve made your delicious ube latte, it’s time to enjoy it to the fullest. Here are some tips on how to serve and pair your latte for the best experience:
- Serve Cold or Hot: Depending on your preference, you can serve your ube latte hot or cold. If you’re serving it cold, make sure to add plenty of ice cubes to keep it chilled.
- Pair with a Sweet Treat: The earthy flavor of the ube latte pairs well with sweet treats, such as pastries, cakes, or other Filipino desserts like halo-halo or ube cake.
- Serve in a Tall Glass: To showcase the beautiful colors of the ube latte, serve it in a tall glass. The purple hue of the latte against the white frothed milk creates a stunning contrast.
- Pair with a Savory Snack: If you’re not in the mood for something sweet, pair your ube latte with a savory snack like cheese or crackers. The nutty flavor of the latte complements the saltiness of the snack.
- Garnish with Ube Powder: To add an extra pop of color and flavor to your latte, sprinkle some ube powder on top of the frothed milk before serving.
Whether you’re enjoying your ube latte as a mid-day pick-me-up or as a delicious dessert pairing, these serving and pairing tips will help elevate your latte experience. So sit back, relax, and sip on your delicious ube latte.
Making a delicious ube latte may seem easy, but there are a few pro tips that can help take your drink to the next level. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use High-Quality Ingredients: To get the best flavor, make sure to use high-quality ingredients, including dark roast coffee beans, fresh ube extract, and your preferred milk of choice.
- Froth Your Milk Properly: Using a milk frother can be tricky, but make sure to froth your milk properly to get the best texture. Use cold milk and avoid overheating it, as this can affect the frothiness.
- Experiment with Sweeteners: If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to sugar, try using alternative sweeteners like coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener. You can also experiment with adding notes of vanilla or your choice of flavored syrup.
- Add Cream for Extra Creaminess: For added creaminess, try adding a dollop of cream cheese or condensed milk. This will give your latte a rich, creamy texture that complements the nutty flavor of the ube extract.
- Customize Your Drink: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations and ingredients to create your perfect ube latte. Add different flavors or adjust the amount of espresso or sweetener to make your drink unique.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be able to make a cafe-quality ube latte that rivals any coffee shop. So go ahead and experiment with different ingredients and techniques to find your perfect combination.
FAQs & SUBSTITUTIONS:
As with any recipe, there may be some questions or concerns that come up. Here are some frequently asked questions and substitutions to keep in mind:
What is ube extract?
Ube extract is a liquid flavoring made from the root vegetable known as ube, which is commonly used in Filipino desserts.
Can I use ube powder instead of extract?
Yes, you can substitute ube powder for ube extract, but you may need to adjust the amount to get the desired flavor.
What milk should I use?
You can use any milk of your choice, including dairy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or even macadamia milk.
Is this drink vegan-friendly?
Yes, you can make this drink vegan-friendly by using a dairy-free, plant-based milk and skipping the cream cheese or condensed milk.
How do I make an iced version of this drink?
Simply blend all the ingredients with ice instead of frothed milk to make a refreshing iced ube latte.
Can I make this drink without espresso?
Yes, you can skip the espresso shots and make a simple ube milk mixture by combining the ube extract, milk, and sweetener.
Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes, you can experiment with different sweeteners, including coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
How do I store leftover ube extract?
Store leftover ube extract in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Can I make this drink with different flavors?
Yes, you can experiment with different flavors by adding a tea bag or flavored syrup to the ube milk mixture.
By keeping these FAQs and substitutions in mind, you’ll be able to make a delicious ube latte that suits your preferences and needs. So don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different variations and ingredients to find your perfect drink.
The ube latte is a delicious drink that combines the distinct taste and beautiful colors of the ube root vegetable with your favorite milk and a shot of espresso. Whether you’re a coffee lover or just looking for a new daily beverage to enjoy, the ube latte is a dreamy swap from your regular morning coffee routine. With simple ingredients that are easy to find at Asian supermarkets or Filipino markets, you can make this delicious drink right at home.
Not only is the ube latte a delicious drink, but it also comes with powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants, making it a great addition to your daily routine. Plus, with the ability to customize the sweetness and milk options, you can make a calorie-conscious version or indulge in a creamy milk latte with condensed milk or cream cheese.
So why not give the ube latte a try? With its nutty-like flavor and beautiful purple color, it’s sure to be a hit with ube lovers and coffee drinkers alike. And with the pro tips, variations, and substitutions outlined in this recipe article, you can experiment with different flavors and ingredients to find your perfect combination. So grab your milk frother and espresso machine, and get ready to enjoy the delicious taste of the ube latte.
Ube latte recipe
- Espresso machine
- Milk frother
- Tall glass
- Measuring cup
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 tbsp ube extract
- 1-2 tbsp sugar or liquid sweetener
- 2-3 cubes Ice
- Brew Your EspressoStart by brewing one to two shots of espresso using an espresso machine or instant coffee. If you're using an espresso machine, make sure to use high-quality dark roast coffee beans for the best flavor.
- Make Your Ube Milk MixtureIn a separate cup, mix one teaspoon of ube extract with one teaspoon of sugar or your preferred liquid sweetener. Slowly add half a cup of milk and stir until the ube mixture is well combined.
- Froth Your MilkUsing a milk frother, froth the remaining half cup of milk until it becomes thick and frothy.
- Combine Your IngredientsFill a tall glass with ice cubes and pour the frothy milk on top. Next, pour your espresso shots over the milk, followed by the ube milk mixture.
- Garnish and EnjoyIf you want to add a little extra sweetness, you can drizzle some maple syrup or your choice of vanilla syrup on top. You can also add a dollop of cream cheese or condensed milk for added creaminess. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your delicious ube latte!
- You can adjust the amount of sugar or sweetener based on your preference.
- If you don't have access to ube extract, you can use ube powder or ube ice cream as a substitute.
- For a vegan version, use a dairy-free, plant-based milk and skip the cream cheese or condensed milk.
ADD YOUR OWN NOTES
You’ll Want To Make These Coffee Recipes
If you’re looking for more cold brew recipe, then you’re in luck! We’ve listed all the cold brew recipe avaiable for you to try. Just click on each individual thumbnail and you’ll be taken to your favourite recipe. Enjoy!
Fuel Your Day: Herbalife Iced Coffee Recipe
Cold Brew Espresso Recipe: The Refreshing Alternative to Hot Coffee
Dunkin donuts chai latte recipe: Brew Like a Barista
The Perfect Blend: Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew recipe
V60 coffee Recipe: A Beginner’s Guide to Perfect Coffee
Brew Aeropress Cold Brew Recipe Like a Pro with These Tips and Tricks!
DIY Coffee Extract Recipe: A Versatile Ingredient for Any Dish
Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte Recipe: The Perfect Summer Pick-Me-Up
Coffee Jelly Recipe Saiki: The Perfect Treat for Coffee Lovers
Vanilla Iced Coffee Starbucks Recipe: A Creamy and Delicious Treat
A Beginner’s Guide to Making Tasty AeroPress Espresso Recipe
Sip into Sweetness: Chick-fil-A’s Vanilla Iced Coffee Recipe
Premier Protein Iced Coffee Recipe: How to Make It at Home
Lucy is a talented barista with a passion for creating the perfect cup of coffee. With years of experience under her belt, she is a master of her craft and has developed a loyal following of coffee lovers who flock to her coffee shop for a taste of her expertly crafted brews.