Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte Recipe: The Perfect Summer Pick-Me-Up
Are you looking for a refreshing and creamy iced coffee treat to quench your thirst on a hot summer day? Look no further, because I have an amazing Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte recipe that will blow your mind and taste buds!
I don’t know about you, but I love Starbucks and their iced drinks, especially their vanilla latte. However, constantly buying coffee can add up and hurt your wallet. That’s why I’ve got you covered with this copycat recipe that tastes just as good, if not better, than the real thing!
This iced blonde vanilla latte is a delightful twist on the classic vanilla latte, using Starbucks Blonde roast espresso, which has a milder flavor compared to their dark roasts. It’s a perfect combination of coffee, creamy milk, and vanilla syrup that will leave you wanting more.
So grab your espresso machine, some roasted coffee beans, and let’s get brewing! But first, let me take you through the step-by-step instructions and provide some pro tips to make sure your iced blonde vanilla latte turns out amazing. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Why this iced blonde vanilla latte?
Let me tell you why you should be making an iced blonde vanilla latte, my coffee-loving friends. This refreshing and delicious drink is the perfect pick-me-up for any time of the day, especially during those hot summer days.
First of all, using Starbucks Blonde roast espresso gives this iced latte a lighter coffee taste compared to their darker roasts. So if you’re not a fan of strong coffee, this is the perfect drink for you. Plus, it’s a great way to try out the Starbucks Blonde espresso if you haven’t already.
And let’s talk about the vanilla syrup. You can use store-bought vanilla syrup, but I highly recommend making your own homemade vanilla syrup. It’s super easy to make and tastes amazing. Plus, you can control the sugar content, and even use sugar-free vanilla syrup if that’s more your style. Trust me, it’s worth it.
Now, let’s talk about the milk. You can use any milk of your choice, whether it’s dairy or plant-based. Personally, I love using oat milk or almond milk because they froth up nicely and add a subtle nutty flavor to the drink. But feel free to use your preferred dairy milk or non-dairy milk. It’s all about personal preference.
Lastly, the combination of the espresso-like coffee, creamy milk, and sweet vanilla syrup is just unbeatable. It’s like a party in your mouth! And with the option to add extra shots of espresso, you can really customize it to your liking.
So, if you’re looking for a refreshing and delicious cold coffee drink, give this iced blonde vanilla latte recipe a try. It’s simple to make, uses amazing high-quality ingredients, and will satisfy all your coffee cravings. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
Ingredients List to Make an Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte Recipe
If you want to make the perfect iced blonde vanilla latte at home, you’ll need to have the right ingredients on hand. Here’s a list of everything you’ll need:
- 2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong coffee)
- 2-3 tbsp vanilla syrup (or to taste)
- 1 cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- Ice cubes (regular or coffee cubes)
Let’s break down each ingredient in more detail:
- Espresso or Strong Coffee: To make the perfect iced blonde vanilla latte, you’ll need a strong coffee basis. You can use 2 shots of espresso, which is typically around 40ml of water per shot. Alternatively, you can use 1/2 cup of strong coffee. If you don’t have an espresso machine, don’t worry, instant coffee works just as well.
- Vanilla Syrup: You can use store-bought vanilla syrup, but I highly recommend making your own homemade vanilla syrup. It’s super easy to make and tastes amazing. You’ll need sugar, water, and vanilla extract to make your own syrup. If you’re looking for a healthier option, use sugar-free vanilla syrup.
- Milk: You can use any milk of your choice, whether it’s dairy or plant-based. The best type of milk to use for an iced latte is cold milk. You can use non-fat milk, regular milk, or even condensed milk. If you want a frothy texture, use a milk frother to froth up your milk.
- Ice Cubes: To keep your iced blonde vanilla latte cold, you’ll need ice cubes. You can use regular ice cubes, but if you want to enhance the coffee flavor, make coffee ice cubes using leftover cold coffee. This will prevent your latte from getting watered down.
So there you have it, the ingredients list to make an iced blonde vanilla latte. Make sure to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start making your latte. Trust me, it makes the process much smoother!
How to Make Espresso Coffee at Home
Making espresso coffee at home may seem intimidating at first, but with a little practice, it’s actually quite easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make espresso coffee at home:
- Step 1: Prep your espresso machine
Make sure your espresso machine is clean and filled with water. Turn it on and let it warm up for a few minutes.
- Step 2: Grind your coffee beans
Grind your roasted coffee beans to a fine consistency. For espresso, you’ll want to use a very fine grind.
- Step 3: Fill the portafilter and tamp the coffee
Fill the portafilter with the ground coffee, making sure to level it off with your finger. Then, use the tamper to press the coffee down firmly.
- Step 4: Brew your espresso shot
Lock the portafilter into the machine and place your espresso shot glass underneath. Turn on the machine and let it brew your espresso shot. This should take around 20-30 seconds.
- Step 5: Enjoy your espresso shot
Once your espresso shot is brewed, take a moment to admire the crema on top of the shot. This is a sign of a well-brewed shot. Then, savor the intense coffee flavor of your freshly brewed espresso shot.
That’s it! Making espresso coffee at home is a great way to enhance the flavor of your iced blonde vanilla latte. So, don’t be afraid to give it a try. It may take a few attempts to get it just right, but with practice, you’ll be a pro in no time.
If you want to switch up the classic iced blonde vanilla latte recipe, there are plenty of variations to try out. Here are a few options to consider:
- Vanilla Bean Latte: Instead of using vanilla syrup, use vanilla bean to add natural bean water flavor to your latte. Simply scrape the seeds out of a vanilla bean and add it to your milk mixture.
- Cinnamon Roast Latte: Add a punch of warmth and spice to your latte by sprinkling ground cinnamon on top. You can even use cinnamon roast coffee beans for a stronger cinnamon flavor.
- Irish Coffee Latte: Add a boozy twist to your latte by adding a shot of Irish whiskey and a dollop of whipped cream on top. Check out our Churn Irish Coffee Ice Cream Recipe for inspiration.
- Extra Sweet Latte: If you prefer a sweeter latte, add more vanilla syrup or a pinch of granulated sugar. Just be careful not to overdo it with the sugar content.
- Non-Dairy Latte: Use your preferred milk alternative, such as almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk, to make a dairy-free version of the iced blonde vanilla latte.
With these variations, you can customize your iced blonde vanilla latte to your liking and discover new flavor combinations. So, don’t be afraid to get creative and try out different options. Who knows, you might just discover your new favorite iced coffee drink!
Serving and Pairing
Once you’ve made your iced blonde vanilla latte, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! Here are some tips on how to serve and pair your delicious drink:
- Serving: Pour your iced blonde vanilla latte into a tall glass with ice cubes. You can also add a splash of milk or whipped cream on top for an extra creamy texture. Serve it up with a fun straw or a mason jar for an Instagram-worthy drink.
- Pairing: The iced blonde vanilla latte pairs well with a variety of snacks and treats. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Cookies: Enjoy your iced latte with a freshly baked cookie, such as chocolate chip or sugar cookies.
- Pastries: Pair your latte with a flaky croissant or a buttery danish for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
- Fruit: Complement the sweetness of your latte with some fresh fruit, such as strawberries or blueberries.
- Chocolate: Indulge in some chocolate with your latte by pairing it with a chocolate truffle or a chocolate bar.
Whether you’re enjoying your iced blonde vanilla latte as a morning pick-me-up or an afternoon treat, these pairing options will enhance your experience and leave your taste buds satisfied. So go ahead, get creative and pair your latte with your favorite snack or treat!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you want to make an iced blonde vanilla latte in advance or store your leftovers for later, here are some tips on how to do it:
- Make-Ahead: You can make a batch of vanilla syrup or espresso shots in advance to save time when making your latte. Just store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to use them.
- Storing: If you have leftover iced blonde vanilla latte, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, keep in mind that the ice may melt and water down the flavor of your latte. So it’s best to drink it fresh if possible.
- Reheating: If you want to reheat your leftover latte, transfer it to a microwave-safe container and heat it up in 30-second increments until it reaches your desired temperature. Alternatively, you can heat it up on the stove over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
By following these tips, you can enjoy your iced blonde vanilla latte anytime, anywhere, without compromising its delicious taste. So don’t be afraid to make a big batch and store it for later or reheat it when you need a caffeine boost.
Making the perfect iced blonde vanilla latte requires a few extra steps and attention to detail. Here are some pro tips to help you make the best drink possible:
- Use high-quality ingredients: Whether you’re making your own vanilla syrup or buying it from the store, make sure to use amazing high-quality ingredients. This will enhance the flavor of your latte and make it taste even better.
- Experiment with different milk: Don’t be afraid to try different types of milk, such as almond milk or oat milk, to see which one works best for your taste buds.
- Froth your milk: For an extra creamy and frothy texture, use a milk frother to froth up your milk before adding it to your latte.
- Use triple-filtered water: Using triple-filtered water will ensure that your espresso shot has a clean and natural taste.
- Try different roasts: Experiment with different types of coffee beans, such as light roast or dark roast, to see which one you prefer.
- Add extra shots: If you want a stronger coffee flavor, add an extra shot of espresso to your latte.
- Make your own coffee ice cubes: Instead of using regular ice cubes, make coffee ice cubes using leftover cold coffee. This will prevent your latte from getting watered down.
- Add a twist: Add a fun twist to your iced blonde vanilla latte by using flavored syrups or adding a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
By following these pro tips, you can take your iced blonde vanilla latte to the next level and impress your friends and family with your barista skills. So go ahead, experiment and have fun with your latte-making!
Still have some questions about making the perfect iced blonde vanilla latte? Here are some commonly asked questions and their answers:
What is blonde espresso?
Blonde espresso is a lighter espresso roast that has a milder flavor compared to darker roasts. It’s a popular choice for those who want a more subtle coffee taste.
Can I make this latte without an espresso machine?
Yes, you can make a similar copycat drink using instant coffee or a regular cup of coffee. Simply add the vanilla syrup and milk to your hot coffee, then pour it over ice.
How do I make homemade vanilla syrup?
To make your own vanilla syrup, mix equal parts granulated sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Then, add in a tablespoon of vanilla extract and stir until combined. Let it cool before using it in your latte.
Can I make this latte sugar-free?
Yes, you can use sugar-free vanilla syrup instead of regular vanilla syrup to make a sugar-free version of the latte.
What is the best milk to use for this latte?
You can use any type of milk that you prefer, whether it’s dairy or non-dairy. Some popular choices include non-fat milk, oat milk, almond milk, or condensed milk.
Can I make this latte hot instead of iced?
Yes, you can make a hot vanilla latte by steaming your milk and adding the vanilla syrup and espresso shot to it.
By addressing these common questions, we hope to provide you with the information you need to make the best iced blonde vanilla latte possible. So go ahead, give it a try and enjoy your delicious creation!
The iced blonde vanilla latte is a refreshing and delicious coffee beverage that’s perfect for a hot summer day or any time you need a caffeine boost. With its combination of coffee, creamy milk, and delightful twist of vanilla, it’s no wonder why it’s a favorite among coffee lovers.
By following the recipe outlined in this article and using the pro tips provided, you can make a barista-quality iced blonde vanilla latte right in the comfort of your own home. And with the variations and pairing options, you can customize your latte to your liking and discover new flavor combinations.
So why not try making an iced blonde vanilla latte today? Whether you’re a seasoned coffee drinker or new to the coffee game, this drink is sure to impress. So grab your ingredients, fire up your espresso machine, and get ready to indulge in a delicious and refreshing coffee treat!
Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte Recipe
- Espresso machine
- Milk frother
- Mason jar or tall glass
- 2 shots Espresso Espresso Roast or Dark Roast
- 2 tbsp vanilla syrup Boiling or just off the boil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cubes Ice
- Prep your espresso machineMake sure your espresso machine is clean and filled with water. Turn it on and let it warm up for a few minutes.
- Grind your coffee beansGrind your roasted coffee beans to a fine consistency. For espresso, you'll want to use a very fine grind.
- Fill the portafilter and tamp the coffeeFill the portafilter with the ground coffee, making sure to level it off with your finger. Then, use the tamper to press the coffee down firmly.
- Brew your espresso shotLock the portafilter into the machine and place your espresso shot glass underneath. Turn on the machine and let it brew your espresso shot. This should take around 20-30 seconds.
- Enjoy your espresso shotOnce your espresso shot is brewed, take a moment to admire the crema on top of the shot. This is a sign of a well-brewed shot. Then, savor the intense coffee flavor of your freshly brewed espresso shot.
- To make homemade vanilla syrup, mix equal parts granulated sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Then, add in a tablespoon of vanilla extract and stir until combined. Let it cool before using it in your latte.
- You can use any type of milk you prefer, whether it's dairy or non-dairy.
If you want a stronger coffee flavor, add an extra shot of espresso to your latte.
- To prevent your latte from getting watered down, use coffee ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes when making your drink.
ADD YOUR OWN NOTES
You’ll Want To Make These Coffee Recipes
If you’re looking for more cold brew recipe, then you’re in luck! We’ve listed all the cold brew recipe avaiable for you to try. Just click on each individual thumbnail and you’ll be taken to your favourite recipe. Enjoy!
Fuel Your Day: Herbalife Iced Coffee Recipe
Cold Brew Espresso Recipe: The Refreshing Alternative to Hot Coffee
The Perfect ube Latte Recipe for Coffee Lovers
Dunkin donuts chai latte recipe: Brew Like a Barista
The Perfect Blend: Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew recipe
V60 coffee Recipe: A Beginner’s Guide to Perfect Coffee
Brew Aeropress Cold Brew Recipe Like a Pro with These Tips and Tricks!
DIY Coffee Extract Recipe: A Versatile Ingredient for Any Dish
Coffee Jelly Recipe Saiki: The Perfect Treat for Coffee Lovers
Vanilla Iced Coffee Starbucks Recipe: A Creamy and Delicious Treat
A Beginner’s Guide to Making Tasty AeroPress Espresso Recipe
Sip into Sweetness: Chick-fil-A’s Vanilla Iced Coffee Recipe
Premier Protein Iced Coffee Recipe: How to Make It at Home
Lucy is a talented barista with a passion for creating the perfect cup of coffee. With years of experience under her belt, she is a master of her craft and has developed a loyal following of coffee lovers who flock to her coffee shop for a taste of her expertly crafted brews.